Terms and conditions
By taking lessons with Hindhead Driving School you agree to the terms and conditions below.
1. You must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence.
For motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid driving licence must be produced.
You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 67 feet (20.5 metres). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify your instructor of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. Lessons must be paid for in advance or at the start of the lesson by cash or bank transfer.
Any price changes will be clearly stated on the ‘Our Prices’ section of the website. It is the pupils responsibility to check and keep up to date with any changes.
4. If you wish to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 48 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 48 hours notice will results in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by your instructor.
5. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show, your instructor will wait for 15 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 15 minutes your instructor will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson in full.
6. Your instructor will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold-ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by your instructor, no fee will be charged.
7. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, your instructor will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may affect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVSA (Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency) medical board.
8. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to others road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, the ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) has the responsibility to the DVSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary measure. The DVSA guidelines DO NOT allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.
9. No responsibility can be taken for tests cancelled by the DVSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DVSA. The instructor cannot be held responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. The instructor cannot be held responsible for missed tests due to travel disruptions such as traffic hold ups that are beyond the instructors control. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.
10. You the pupil agree to the use of your reviews and comments left on social media and search engines to be used on the instructors website - hindheaddrivingschool.co.uk.
Pay as you go
1.5 or 2 Hour Lessons
Flexibility To Suit You
Flexible pick up / drop off
Full 6 hour course
Block Bookings from
Save £££s on your tuition
Flexible lesson durations
Flexible lesson days and times
Various options available